Welcoming challenges in business development and communications. Employ veteran planning and operations experience in execution and continuous process improvement. Growth in knowledge in the fields of manufacturing, aerospace design, architecture/construction, technology solutions, marketing communications, creative services, and business consulting.
- Master of Business Administration, University of the Incarnate Word, 2002
- Master of Land and Property Development, Texas A&M University, 1986
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, Texas A&M University, 1985
Connect Communications – President. Providing customized marketing communications and consulting services in creative, copy writing and publishing. Develop and manage marketing activities in aviation, information technology, B2B and eCommerce. Delivering adept and responsive marcom strategy, creative and media planning execution and analysis. Est. 2005.
Leon Springs Business Association – Co-founder, director and chairman of the nonprofit networking and charitable organization. 2006–2014.
BK&A Advertising – Marketing, advertising and press relations executive. Directed and evaluated client accounts, executed marketing communications strategies, and managed varied marcom activities. Managed information systems, internal process improvement, and new business development with domestic and international clientele. 1998–2005.
Sino Swearingen Aircraft Company (now SyberJet) – Engineering structures design and project lead on SJ30 Jet aircraft development program. Involved with efficiency reviews, continuous improvement, and quality control. Collaboration with design teams, structural/systems engineers, manufacturing and management/executive personnel. 1997–1998.
Liaison and Design Engineer – Jet Aviation Basel, Switzerland head-of-state aircraft completions 1996; British Aerospace Filton (Bristol), England aircraft re-delivery modifications and review 1997; Aero Vodochody Odolena Voda (Prague), Czech Republic Ae270 Propjet development team 1999–2006; FlyItalia Dovera (Milan), Italy MD-3 Rider sales prospectus 2007.
Schwartz Engineering Company (now Jet Aviation) – FAA-DER design and liaison engineer. Generated aircraft design and modification program documents in collaboration with structural, systems, avionics and manufacturing engineers for STC approvals. Developed design standards, process specifications and performance standards. Managed in-house information systems and marketing. 1990–1997.
Architectural Design, Drafting, and Project Management – Designer, draftsman, and project lead both independently and with South Central Texas architectural firms. Supervised residential and commercial construction projects. Managed transitions from manual drafting to CAD systems. 1984–1999.
JANA Corp – Digitization and CAD production of B-737 wiring diagrams and schematics.
Texas Transportation Institute – Transportation engineering research assistant.
Retail, Wholesale and Merchandising – President, Ashtrea Company computer sales and consulting. Partner with Gig’em Spirit Company promotional sales. Bealls and Foley’s retail sales associate. Also employed in wholesale distribution, restaurant and travel.
- Experienced and successful in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Development and management of online commerce systems
- Author and producer of numerous articles, documents and publications
- Press relations at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo, NBAA, Aero Friedrichshafen, others
- Extensive computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) and modeling experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, Unigraphics, Pro/ENGINEER, CATIA and others
- In-depth knowledge of aerospace manufacturing methods
- Macintosh aficionado (since 1986), former Apple VAR sales/consultant
- Fluency in Italian, studies in Spanish and German
- Builder and licensed pilot / mechanic of amateur-built Legend Cub.